Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our 36th Wedding Anniversary

On Monday, June 9, Kathy and I celebrated thirty-six years of wedding bliss. Thirty-six years sounds like a long time, but, as I told one of the ladies in the EFM office, it doesn't really seem like that long.

She understood. "It feels like you've been married your whole life," she commented, "yet seems like just yesterday when you had the wedding."

That's about right. And living in two other countries besides the good ol' USA and traveling to various places has helped fill our lives and make the time seem shorter.

Kathy likes lavender and purple, so these are the flowers I got her. Would you say that the florist managed to get the hues right?

That same evening we went to Lafayette to see
our grandson, Steven, play ball. He's on a church team that plays against other teams from his same church and from another congregation in the same city.

Steven plays the catcher's position, one which I wouldn't envy, especially with my old knees! Can you imagine crouching behind the plate for an entire game like this?

I wanted to get several shots of him, but my camera batteries died before I got very many. I'd have liked taking a picture when he slid into home plate, beating the opposing catcher by a smidgen and scoring a run.

Unfortunately, I only got one offensive pose. Next time I'll charge my batteries before I go to the game.

They won this one, and then won again the next night, a game we couldn't attend. Their record is now 7-2, the same as the team they beat last night, so the two are tied for first place.

Makes Grandpa feel like smiling a little!






9 comments:

Rodney said...

In the game last night he was able to get a good hit again. They sped up the machine so it was throwing a lot flatter and he put one way out in the outfield and with his speed and teasing was able to get a homerun out of it and drive one run in. He stood between third and home like he was going to go back to third and the catcher who had the ball now tried to throw it back to third and get him out but as soon as he let it go Steven took off for home. He is good at that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures! I like the flowers - very pretty. Enjoy seeing the pictures of Steven playing ball. Wish I could see it in person. I suppose those games will be over with by the time I visit. Sounds like he's a really good player.
Liz

Karen Walden said...

Happy belated Anniversary to you and Kathy! I didn't realize my parents have been married almost 5 yrs longer than you two!
Very pretty flowers also! I like those colors! Did she get a steak dinner as well?! :)

Steve Hight said...

No steak. We went to On The Border in Avon on our way to Lafayette and got their 3-course $9.99 meal. We started with chicken tortilla soup (very good, lots of stuff in it), then we got a choice of two of their entrees along with beans and rice, and it's topped off with their Border Brownie. That last part is NOT Mexican! The brownie is moist and rich and almost to die for, topped with a scoop of ice cream and drizzled with chocolate and caramel syrups. YUMMY

Noah and Heather said...

Now I'm hungry!
Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary, again.

I think Steven looks quite cute! ;o)

Vonnie said...

Happy Anniversary. The flowers look beautiful! Great jumpin' grandson!!!

Melinda said...

Good job with the flowers!

Steven said...

I now have 4 homeruns!
I am so excited!
I hope I get my 5 homerun next
week.
I do not now if I am going to play my home team.
I just know I am playing next friday sense it rain yesterday for
my away.I can not believe you been
marreid for 36 years!? You guies
ate a lot.The flowrs you got are pretty.