Thursday, June 12, 2008

HOW can I mow my grass?

Last week I was mowing our side yard and had made about 8 swaths when one of the back wheels fell off.

When I checked, I found that the spindle on which the wheel turned had broken off of the piece that allows the wheels to be raised and lowered on the mower. Not hard to replace.

So I got online to order the parts. I had my manual with a nice exploded drawing and the part number. I decided to order one for the

other side (unbroken), too, just in case it was wearing out like the broken one. The same exploded drawing and the same part numbers were online.

I needed these things by Wednesday so that I could mow the lawn tonight, 'cause tomorrow it's supposed to rain and Sunday afternoon I'm leaving for PA and SIMO (Summer Institute for Missionary Orientation) for two weeks.

Well, the parts came all right -- and I couldn't repair my lawn mower!! Wouldn't you know that the replacement part for the unbroken piece was the right one (top photo), but that the

replacement for the broken piece was the wrong one?!?!?I had to get ahold of another mower so I could cut my grass this evening. Who knows when I'll get the correct replacement part.

4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Murphy's Law

Steve Hight said...

You got it!

Rex and Missy McDowell said...

I feel for you! If there is such a thing as a lemon riding mower, than I have one. There are few things more frustrating than needing or starting to mow and then having to fix a broken mower.

Greg n Anna Cubs said...

Bro. Webb was telling us at camp about how that when his girls were little and they would mow grass that one would push and the other would follow along and when the wheel would fall off she would put it back on. Too funny!