Thursday, June 12, 2008

Anniversary Update

Since Karen asked, I thought I'd let you see the meal we had (or most of it -- we ATE the brownies and didn't take pictures of them).

Well, we ate the rest, too, but had to shoot photos first.

Kathy's eating the chicken tortilla soup. It's thick with large chunks of chicken, rice, onion, diced green and red peppers, zucchini, and has thin strips of crisp, thin tortillas, and is just a tad spicy.

On the table for the main part of the meal: Kathy got two tacos while I asked for a beef taco and a tamale. Well, it was their version of a tamale; certainly neither Guatemalan nor even Mexican (at least the parts of Mexico I've visited).
These entrees were accompanied by the usual rice and beans. We had a choice of refried pintos (which we
picked) or black beans (which I had in Arizona).

It's a pretty decent amount of food. I think next time I go there I'll just get the soup and the Border Brownie.

4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Believe it or not, I just found a Salvadoranean "restaurant" (mobile kitchen is more like it) in Fairbanks, Alaska. So of course, I had to have pupusas, but I was disappointed.... they didn't taste like the ones we just had last November. BUT, their tamales are authentic Central American tamales with carrots and potatoes and BANANA leaves!!!! Smack your granny!!!! Yum Yum!!!!

Rex and Missy McDowell said...

Happy anniversary! I wish we had more good Latin restaurants in this area.

Steven said...

What was the restraunt's name?

Steve Hight said...

The restaurant was On The Border. The one we went to was in Avon.