Thursday, September 20, 2007

Kathy and I are in Independence, KS, this week for a missionary convention at Independence Bible School. Things are going well and we're enjoying ourselves, though getting tired.


We took part of one afternoon and went to the Little House on the Prairie, south of town about a dozen miles. Since we've read the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and have seen a couple of other places

where she and her family lived, it was interesting to go see this little house where they encountered Indians, wolves, and other excitements.

We also prayed for MK's one day in the convention, showing pictures of them in the morning challenge service. Thanks for those who sent names and photos.

6 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Looks like a fun place to visit! We may go to KC in a few weeks! Might have to stop by there and see that place!

Steve Hight said...

There's not really a whole lot to it; the house is not the original, it's just similar to the one they lived in. However, when one is close enough I think it's worth the visit, and they have a fairly nice gift/souvenir shop with friendly staff members. We're glad we went.

Michelle said...

The kids enjoyed the pictures! They love Little House on the Prairie.

Karen Walden said...

"TAG" you're it! Check out my blog to find out what you are supposed to do now.

Cindy said...

Hey! I've been there. Went with trio while making a run through Kansas. I enjoyed it very much, and own a rag "Laura" doll from the giftshop. I also bought Laura's recipe for Gingerbread. Scrumptious!
Good to find you on here, and I'm excited about youth meeting stuff. Even if I'm no longer a youth :)

Kim M. said...

Neat! I love the Little House on the Prairie books (I have read them more than once)
so I'd love going to that place.