Monday, September 24, 2007

Hmmm . . seven random things about myself (I was tagged by Karen Walden -- check her blog and my daughter Michelle's):

1. My wife, Kathy, is the most important person in my life except for God, and I love her very much. Our girls always thought we were too mushy when we kissed in front of them.

2. I REALLY like chocolate -- but you all knew that! One of my favorite treats of all time was a Baskin-Robbins banana split that had chocolate ice cream, chocolate with almonds, and fudge brownie chocolate, topped with chocolate syrup, hot fudge, and marshmallow cream in the middle.

3. I also like Dunkin Donuts and am glad they're finally coming to Indiana -- though they'll be in Indy and not Bedford.

4. I usually enjoy writing and try to do a good job with my monthly article in the Missionary Herald and articles in other places. Good writing is hard to do, though, so I'm still bouncing around in the basement.

5. When we lived in Guatemala I had a darkroom and developed my own black and white pictures and color slides. Color photos were too tough to do.

6. I have visited 23 or 24 different countries, according to my wife's count.

7. Three of the classes that most prepared me for my life's work were: (a) Typing, both for letter writing and later using a computer; (b) Spanish, learning a language that I've come to love; and (c) high school speech class, where the teacher helped me overcome the fear of speaking in front of a group. {You were looking for something spiritual, weren't you?}

I don't know of seven bloggers to tag, so I guess this string will end with me. Sorry!

8 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Thanks for being such a good sport! I knew I could count on you! I even leaned some new things about you!!! :)

Steve Hight said...

Like what?

Cindy said...

Where have you been, sir? Dunkin Donuts has been in Indiana for years. My family indulged in them regularly when we lived in Anderson :) Very happy, and fattening days.
btw, I did NOT indulge in the goodies tonight, just so you know.

Phillip D said...

I got tagged by Deanna K. So I was going to tag you but I see that you were already tagged.

Blessings.

Karen Walden said...

I didn't know you liked Dunkin Donuts and didn't remember that you developed your own photos years ago!!! I also can't imagine that you ever had a fear of public speaking!!! :)

Steve Hight said...

Well,for some reason the Indianapolis Star made a kind of big deal out of Dunkin Donuts entering the Indy market in a few weeks. I know there seem to not be a lot of them around in many areas.

Karen Walden said...

Jonathan is a huge Dunkin Donuts fan too and there aren't any around here either! He always looks for them when we are on vacation!

tacomom said...

Wow, I didn't know that our Dunkin Donuts in Mt. Pleasant was anything to shout about. Guess you love what you can't have. Or it might have something to do with the fact that I am NOT a connoisseur of donuts :) Give me a Hershey bar anyday! (BTW, my wonderful husband came home with an $8 bag (approx 255) of Hershey Kisses the other day and set about digging through boxes to find my parent's chocolate dish that we inherited :)