Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Well, after a surprise, whirlwind trip to Guatemala, I came home on Thursday the 6th, had a debrief with Director Manley on the morning of Friday the 7th, and left with Kathy for South Carolina about 10:00 that same morning. No grass growing under my feet!

I'm still not using my snowblower, either! Would you believe that this weekend, when we went south for Nicholas' (our 4th grandchild) second birthday, it snowed enough that I could have used it -- but I was gone?!?!?! Yessir, somewhere between 3 and 5 inches, they tell me, and my blower in the garage and me in the southland. Oh, well.

We got out on I-65 a little south of Seymour and got stopped for an hour, I think because of an accident somewhere ahead. We lost an hour sitting there, while the snow came down around us. When we finally got moving again, we stopped at a BK for a bathroom break and to get some food to take with us.

Approaching Louisville, we got slowed way down again, but at least didn't have to stop; and as we listened to WHAS we learned that I-64 to Lexington was getting very bad. We called Mike, who looked up the weather and told us that south of L'ville it was raining, so we opted for a longer, but safer, trip, and went on to Nashville before turning east. It made for more miles and time, but we ran out of the snow about 40 miles south of L'ville.

We had a nice weekend in South Carolina. We don't see Nick-Nick (as his daycare friends call him) enough for him to be comfy with us, so it was mostly look and touch a little, but don't hold him. Well, I did have him on my lap for a little while as he and I watched what his daddy was doing on the computer. Kathy took a picture. If it turns out (she still uses film!), I'll scan and post it.

I'd have some pix of the great little kid (although we have to admit that he's going into those Terrible Twos), but I lent my camera batteries to Melinda, whose batteries had run down, and then she ran mine down. Oh, wait, I did charge them up and shoot a couple of pix. Let's see if I can put one in here.













Well, okay, three then. He likes his dump truck, as do most boys, and he likes to play ball, as you can see. This was actually a large balloon that we batted around, and he had great fun with it.

I'll have little blogging time. This coming Friday, 3/14, I leave for Bolivia, where I'm to be in a graduation service, speak to pastors, preach two evening services, and help them celebrate Resurrection Sunday. No doubt there will be some other activities along the way. So far I've had very little problem breathing and functioning in the high altitude. Please pray that it will be that way once more. Thanks!

P.S. -- The Guatemala trip went well and they say that my presence helped make a difference. Nevertheless, we have some real problems there that only God can solve. I'd appreciate your prayers for our Guatemalan situation

2 comments:

sankey family said...

Cute pics of Nick-Nick. Sounds like you and Kathy are doing a great job grand-parenting.
Wow, do you ever stay home? I think it's awesome to see how God continues to use His men and women, those completely sold out to Him, whether on the field in active duty or as encouragers and enablers to those who are. We'll be praying for your trip and for your situation in Guatemala.
Marc and Melodie
(well, just Melodie right now; Marc and Jordan are in Saltillo)

Michelle said...

Cute patootie - I can't believe he's 2!!