Monday, February 18, 2008

A little about my Costa Rica visit:

I thoroughly enjoyed being in C.R. again, this time with Rex II and Melissa (Missy) McDowell and their son, Devin. We stayed with the pastor and his family, eating most of our meals with them, laughing and joking and having a great time.

Part of our time was spent on buses, which yields us this nice photo of Devin, as seen between two men who were standing in the aisle.




And here's one of the family on another bus.





We did a lot of walking in the few days we were there, but it didn't make much difference. I thought sure that I'd lose some weight with all the kilometers it felt like I walked, but it must have been that we stopped at Pollo Campero (Country Chicken) -- a franchise from Guatemala and very good -- a couple of times for lunch. The first time we at there we were with the pastor, Rolando Meneses, seated at the right.




I'm not quite sure what to think about the next picture. I don't
THINK they were trying to steal Chick-Fil-A's advertising idea, but someone apparently thought this was a good way to announce their own chicken restaurant (not Pollo Campero). As I'm sure you can guess, the cows in the picture are urging us to eat more "chikin," though they didn't misspell it. Some friends who are associated with Chick-Fil-A thought it was pretty cool!




And lest you think that all we did was walk, eat, and ride buses, I'll throw in the only picture taken of me while I was preaching.



I won't show you the one they took of me dozing on the bus! I've never seen a more horrible picture of myself. Rex2, if you DARE to show it to anyone, your black list will become long and dark and everlasting!

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Hmm - I'd like to see the picture!

tacomom said...

Thanks for the newsy post! Sounds like you had a leg tiring trip. Walking and standing (preaching). Oh yeah, you sat while you ate, didn't you? Well, no, you were standing taking a photo of that one...So I guess you deserved a good rest, bad photo or not! lol!

Rex and Missy McDowell said...

I'm sorry to know that my black list is going to grow to huge proportions (sorta). If it helps any, I was planning on posting the picture well before you posted your threat.

sankey family said...

Enjoyed the report about your trip and yes, seeing the said picture would be great!

Angie D said...

(We want to see the sleeping photo...)

Steve Hight said...

Unfortunately, there is a clue above that will enable anyone who deciphers it to see the offending photo.

Karen Walden said...

Saw your sleeping photo! Too funny! Sounds like you had a busy trip.
By the way...are you getting to use your snowblower yet??? You would be if you still lived here!

Vonnie said...

Well, I've seen worse pictures... but, not of you. :) Does that make you feel better?? Hahahaha! Glad you're back. Good ole' Pollo Campero and we didn't go one time while we were there, can you believe that??

Angie D said...

Found the photo--that's lovely!

sankey family said...

Saw the pic - wow, I see what you mean.

Kim M. said...

LOL! Love the picture!!! ha ha!

Steve Hight said...

Help! I've had more comments over that ugly picture than anything else!

Michelle said...

HA!

Ya'll want to read something really funny, head back over to Rex and Missy's blog and read his post from today!

Steven said...

Grandpa,That picture is funny!

Vonnie said...

That is so funny Michelle!! Poor U. Steve. :)