Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm in Trenton, NJ, through Sunday, accompanying our Guatemalan congregation in special services as they begin using a newly rented facility. This is a group that, in four years or so, has gone through the phases of a dozen or so meeting in an apartment, to about twenty meeting in someone's home, to a rented store front where they grew to the sixties and didn't fit any more, to a rented auditorium in a black Baptist church where we had more than ninety present for the Thursday evening service.

God is still at work! Thank the Lord!

On Wednesday night I did a dedication/inauguration ceremony for them. On Thursday night I was surprised by the visit of three Guatemalans whom I hadn't seen in over 25 years, two of whom were students in the Bible Institute when I was there. I'm anxious to see what else the Lord has for us during the next three days.

Hopefully I can post some pictures here soon. Go to our website and check the EFM blog there for more details. www.efm-missions.org

2 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

It's great to hear about this growing congregation!

The Dickinsons said...

How exciting how God is helping this congregation of believers. So glad that you can be there for this special time too.

THANK YOU tons for you and your Guatemalan brother's thorough explanation of the word "miserable", and what it means in Spanish. VERY ENLIGHTENING!! I'm glad to know all of this, THANK YOU! I am sure that this is the definition that Gloria had in mind too, so that is why she was sooo taken by surprised and laughed at me. =D

God bless y'all,
Heather and family, Colombia =)