Monday, November 26, 2007

The day after Thanksgiving -- with all our children and grandchildren here, we went and had family photos taken in the morning, and then my wife declared an "all girls" (she, Michelle, Melinda, and daughter-in-law Kim) shopping time for the afternoon. No, it wasn't a "black Friday" kind of thing. They went to a new sandwich shop for lunch and then Kathy took them to a couple of new and interesting places she had found.

In the meantime, we guys (me, Mike, and son-in-law Rodney) got lunch for the kids. I thought I'd show you what you probably already know: The way we guys do lunch isn't anything like what our wives would do on a similar occasion. We just put it on the table. They would make it look nice. But, hey, we got the tummies filled!

6 comments:

Karen Walden said...

That was sweet of you guys! I am sure the gals appreciated you all!
You will have to post a family photo once you get them back! How did that go with all the kids? We need to redo ours with the Walden family but I dread it with so many kids!

Kathy said...

Thank you again; we had fun!

The Dickinsons said...

I must say that though I'm usually into making things fancy, you guy's table looked very familiar to this nauseated and tired pregnant lady, for that is how my table has looked for the last 2 months. =D Yes, you are right...when I hold this adorable baby, it will be worth it all!! =)

You are hilarious about Phillip asking that preacher to preach just to get me a ride in his car...I'm sure it didn't cross Phillip's mind, but it was a nice treat! =)

The ladies day out sounded fun....I'm hoping to do that some with my sister and Moma while I'm in the states. =)

Thanks for the nice comment.
Heather and family! =)

Michelle said...

Yes, thank you! We did have fun and I thihk we should make it a yearly tradition!

Rex and Missy McDowell said...

Let me guess; you probably had plenty of turkey left-overs. By the way, in my opinion, turkey is the worst thing about Thanksgiving. If I would have been a Pilgrim, I would have killed a pig and had ham.

sankey family said...

Sounds like fun - the shopping AND the fact that the guys got lunch for the kids...way to go! And yes, even though my man doesn't do the fancy table, he gets the tummies full and the kids are thrilled - he lets him eat all they want of whatever's there. Guess it's a mom/dad thing, right?