Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike-like winds on Sunday




They told us that Ike would reach up this way. So far we've only had the winds, some of the gusts rather strong, much more than this video clip shows. It has made us think of what it must be like to be in a place where the winds are even stronger, are sustained, and last for several hours.

No rain here so far (2:00pm), but there has been rain in Indy. Isn't it amazing that a storm can have such far-reaching effects? Oh, the power of nature -- which is a mere reflection of the power of God!

7 comments:

Karen Walden said...

It's been pretty windy here today too! We went to church with Donnie and Cammie in Indy this morning and were talking about how strong the winds were on our way back home. I commented to Jonathan about if these were only 35mph winds, I couldn't imagine how strong the winds from "Ike" have been!

Michelle said...

It's been rainy,windy and somewhat chilly here all day. I love it though. Makes it feel more like fall; especially after seeing signs of changing leaves on our way home from Campbells.

Kathy said...

We had to detour coming home from church this am and going to church tonight due to 3 HUGE trees uprooted; one laying across electric lines; two of them uprooted so deeply they brought up the sod with them.

Michelle said...

Good grief, I don't think we had wind that strong. We got a lot of rain, though.

Melinda said...

It messed my little porch up-my poor flowers! At one point I looked out and saw rain going sideways. They said on the news that the airport clocked some 63mph winds!

Vonnie said...

Mom told me how "breezy" it was. :) She said there were some limbs down. Glad you didn't have to be without power for too long.

Steve Hight said...

Limbs down? Whole trees! At least three on Heltonville Road, within half a mile from us, were uprooted. We had to detour twice, once coming home from the AM service, and then going to the PM service.

I will confess, though, that I didn't think it was all that bad as we watched the gusts from our window. I'm sure we'd have thought differently if a tree had come down on our property.