Sunday, April 20, 2008

I've been tagged by Karen Walden, so here goes:

(1) What I was doing 10 years ago

At that time I was director of Friends Of Missions, living in Columbus, Indiana.

(2) Five things to do today (make it tomorrow, since today is Sunday)

Write EFM's monthly prayer circle letter
Create the monthly prayer calendar to go with it
Take a call jointly with Daniel Melton to talk about his retirement plan
Mow our side yard, if it dries out
Prepare for missionary services this coming weekend in PA and Ohio

(3) Snacks I enjoy

Almost anything chocolate, especially donuts
Ice cream, esp. if chocolate is involved somehow
Mixed nuts
Corn Nuts (reminded by Andrew Bryan)
DQ Blizzards, esp. if I can get their German chocolate flavor and add chocolate cone dip
(Do you get the idea that I like chocolate?)

(4) If I were a billionaire

Pay off our house
Pay off Faith Mission Church's new building
Big offering to EFM and offerings to other missions
Significant help to my children
Big chunk into retirement

(5) Three bad habits I have

Overeating
Not exercising enough
Procrastination of certain things, esp. clearing off my desks

(6) Five places I've lived

Phoenix, AZ (where I grew up)
Rockwood, TN (where I met and married Kathy)
San José, Costa Rica (where I studied Spanish)
Jalapa, Guatemala
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Columbus, IN
Bedford, IN (Yeah, I've tossed in a couple extra for good measure)

(7) Five jobs I've had

Delivered the morning newspaper through high school (Arizona Republic)
Janitor in an office building
Janitor in a high school (both of these working my way through Bible college)
Pastor, Rockwood, TN (twice)
Missionary, Guatemala and Dominican Republic
Missionary administration, FOM and EFM

(8) Five people I'd like to know more about

Marc Sankey
Rex McDowell II
Andrew Bryan
Stephen DeLong
Doug Hoffman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Thanks" for the tag. We'll try to get to it soon.

- Rick said...

Dear Brother Hight,

I sent you an email via this blog. Hope to hear from you soon!
- Rick Alexander
www.alwaysing.blogspot.com