Friday, October 19, 2007

Back home from Guatemala! I taught for a week, preached in three churches, visited a fourth, got to be with half a dozen old friends, ate tamales, drank "rosa de Jamaica" for the first time, and enjoyed every minute of the time.

But it's good to be home again. I think I'm getting caught up, and then I look at the pile of things still on my desk. No, catching up won't be THAT quick!

The only part of the trip I didn't enjoy was the almost-7-hour layover in Miami on the way back. There's not a whole lot that's more boring than sitting in an airport that long with a dead battery in your laptop and no place to connect. I finally sat near some people who were plugged in and got mine hooked up after they left, then got some work done.

It used to be that you could watch the people, but the way some of them are dressed any more it's almost better to bury your face in a book or something.

Anyway, it's great to be home and sleeping in my own bed. And that's where I'm headed soon after I post this.

4 comments:

Karen Walden said...

I am sure Kathy is glad to have you home again too! We've missed your updates! (There's nothing like your own bed either...)

sankey family said...

Glad your trip went well...I'll get to experience Guatemala for the first time in a little less than a month with our whole family - can't wait!

Melodie

Vonnie said...

The "rosa de Jamaica" sounds a little iffy... maybe you should have had a little more and made the 7 hour layover in Miami a little more fun. :) heehee We are really looking forward to our trip to Guate and Honduras... no "rosa de Jamaica" for us though. LOL

Anonymous said...

Rosa de jamaica is awesome! It is refreshing, healthful and non-alcoholic.