Thursday, August 30, 2007

No, para mí el francés no es un idioma bonito. Mucho más bello es el castellano.

Si mi hija Melinda tuviera un blog, sería muy interesante. Ella podría contarnos muchas cosas de la medicina, de las personas accidentadas, de algunas cirugías, y otras cosas. Para mí sería magnífico si ella escribiera algo.

Today was our EFM board (bored?) meeting, which went from about 9:00am to about 4:00pm. It was fairly productive and really not too boring. I almost went to sleep a few times, though, mostly because I was up last night downloading about 50 pictures from our missionaries in Honduras. Whew! It seemed like the e-mails with photos would never end! I'm thankful for them, though, since I have a couple PowerPoint presentations to put together in the next week or so.

A request for prayer: I'm supposed to teach an intensive class (35 hours in one week) to our graduate pastors in Guatemala in early October (8-12). There's not a whole lot of time to prepare, and the books and other materials just arrived yesterday. Along with everything else I'm to be in three missionary conventions in September, one of them lasting five days; and will be traveling as far west as Independence, KS, and a little farther east than Altoona, PA. If you'd ask the Lord to help me make good use of my time, and to minimize interruptions, and to help me get all the preps done before I leave, I'd appreciate it.

9 comments:

Karen Walden said...

You'll be very close to my aunt Carol in Independence, Kansas! (They live in Overland Park, Kansas where the Bible School is located!) Hope you get everything done with time to spare so you can blog a little now and then!! :)

sankey family said...

Hermano Hight,
Vamos a estar orando por usted y su viaje y tambien por las convenciones misioneras y las clases que usted va a dar en Guatemala. Que Dios lo cuide y lo bendiga!

Marcos y Melodia
Salamanca, Gto. MX

(feel free to correct my Spanish...Melodia)

Steve Hight said...

Melodía -- Me parece muy correcto su castellano en la nota arriba. Lo único sería que podría haber una diferencia de opinión sobre el uso de "lo" en vez de "le" antes de la palabra "bendiga." Me complace mucho su uso del subjuntive.

Esteban Hight

Steve Hight said...

Quiero decir, "subjuntivo."

The Dickinsons said...

Yo disfrute su "post" en espanol. Me gusta el Espanol tambien. Es una lastima que no puedo hablarlo mejpr, pero, poco a poco llegue a Roma. =) Estoy en el tiempo cuando siento que no estoy apriendo , pero yo se mucho mas hoy que antes, Gracias A Dios. Voy a orar para usted y su viaje y las clases tambien. Que Vaya con Dios.

Con carino,
Heather y familia.
(Like Melodie said, I'm sure my Spanish needs correcting, but it's fun to practice anyhow. =) Also, my computer doesn't do all of the symbols.

Angie D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie D said...

My apologies for the earlier posts. I have since deleted them. Lynette (Easley) Cooper was kind enough to let me know what I was actually saying--and it wasn't quite the "Good day" I had intended. I shall stick to English or at least French in the future...

sankey family said...

Hermano Hight,
Gracias por su sugerencia. Yo se que hay diferentes opiniones sobre el asunto de "lo" y "le". En verdad, estoy confundida acerca de esto pero esa vez yo escogi decir "lo". En Mexico, se dicen Lo y Le intercambiablemente y yo nunca estoy segura de cual es correcto o cual es correcto porque se dice asi. Si, me explico? De todos modos, todavia estoy aprendiendo y estare aprendiendo por mucho tiempo!

Que tengan buen dia, usted y los suyos!

Melodia

tacomom said...

And this is where the gift of tongues came in handy on the day of Pentecost :)