Saturday, August 23, 2008

Continued Kitchen Facelift

Whew! We've been busy around here, first with a couple of trips, like to Christiansburg, VA, to represent EFM in a camp meeting, and then with the EFM board meetings this week, which took two full days.

In the meantime, the kitchen light quit working. We probably could have remedied that with a couple of fluorescent tubes, but I, for one, have never really liked the light (see blog post below) that was there when we purchased the house. I suggested to Kathy that we might want to grab the opportunity to put in something nicer.

So we did!

The first picture is zoomed in and taken with flash so you can see some of the detail, especially in the glass shades.

For the second photo I turned on the lights for the nice glowing effect it gives.


Would you agree with us that this light looks a lot better than the long white "log" that was hanging up there before?

6 comments:

Vonnie said...

Yes, I love the new light!!

Michelle said...

I love it! Can't wait to see it in person next week with all the other redos.

Liz said...

Wow! I really like it. So much nicer than the other one!

Melinda said...

Nice! Looks great :)

sankey family said...

I totally agree - beautiful!

Betty said...

You are quite the "handyman" Good to read your blog!!

Jim & Betty Jewett