Saturday, July 26, 2008

At the Knoxville Zoo -- July 19, 2008

A week ago today a bunch of the Hight-Bane family got together at the Knoxville, TN, zoological park. It had been a long time since we had all been in one place at one time, so some Friday evening visiting and a warm Saturday at the zoo were a welcome family gathering.

Below is the group (except me, the photog) that gathered for the zoo tour. That's Ashlee at the left of the wagon, Emma sitting in it, and Kelcee half hidden by Nicholas, who's standing in front of it, with Steven crouching to the right of it. Emma is granddaughter of Kathy's brother, Charles, who is at the right of the group.


Mike and I had a mutual problem: Michelle didn't like our hats! Melinda bought mine at St. Maartens when she was on a cruise in the spring. I think they looked pretty good, and they did a nice job of shading our faces.

Kathy and her mom.


Our grandson Nicholas was running back and forth from Kathy and me to Mike and Kim. Melinda caught him here ready to take off again.


Some bears or other (Barney? What do I know?) were at the zoo that day. Ashlee, Emma, Steven, and Kelcee posed for a picture. Nicholas had other interests. Bears didn't seem to catch his attention.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I should have confisctated those hats before we left....

Anonymous said...

Is that Forrestine on the left? If so I went to Hobe Sound with her and Charles.

Michelle said...

Oh and those were the Berenstein Bears....

Steve Hight said...

No, Forrestine wasn't with us that day. She had worked the night before and would work again that night, so was busy sawing logs.

Steve Hight said...

Berenstein Bears, eh? I heard that Barney was supposed to be there that day. Where was he?

As to the hats: I came away without a sunburn and therefore without a further threat of skin cancer (I've had two or three pre-cancer spots removed already), so, even though I really don't like hats, I'll wear 'em for occasions like this.

Wait till you see the one I just got the other day!

Vonnie said...

Yes, those are the Berenstein bears and I thing they just go by Mama and Papa. Looks like fun!!

Michelle said...

Um, that scares me (the new hat!).

Vonnie Sister posed with them too, but Brother was too snooty evidently.

Barney was supposed to be there with the Berenstein Bears...he was probably hidden for which we can all be thankful!